We're back! Welcome to 2019.
After a refreshing break with friends and family, we're thrilled to be back in the Angel Delivery office, ready to head into an exciting new year together. We hope you had an enjoyable break and happy holiday season too.
As with most people at this time of year, our minds are turning to our New Years resolutions and goals. Although of course you can set goals and make plans anytime during the year, there really is something special about the New Year that presents a great opportunity to start fresh and create new habits going forward. A new year is like a blank canvas!
With this in mind, we've been researching New Years resolutions, finding out a bit about what the most popular ones are and some tips on how to keep your resolutions after the fresh-start buzz of January fades, and we thought we'd share some of our favourite tips with you here...
Popular New Year Resolutions
If you're looking for some inspiration for your New Year resolutions for 2019, research suggests some of the post popular ones this year include:
Tips for Keeping your Resolutions
Stats suggest that while over 60% of people make New Years resolutions, only around 8% actually manage to achieve them! How can you set yourself up to succeed in your goals and resolutions for the year? Here are some ideas we found to share with you...
- Choose one resolution to focus on – Don't go for a full life overhaul all at once. You're more likely to succeed if you pick one or two areas to focus on at a time.
- Write them down – According to studies on goal setting, people who write down their goals are more likely to achieve it than those who don't.
- Start small – When forming new habits, baby steps are key. If you want to start jogging, don't kick-off with a half-marathon, just try and get out for a 5 minute run and work your way up. Break your big goals into smaller attainable goals.
- Reward yourself – Along the way set small milestones and reward yourself as you go. Don't beat yourself up if you take some missteps as you go – if you go off track, just get back on the wagon as quickly as possible (the longer you leave it, the less likely you'll resume).
- Share with friends and family – Talk about your resolutions and plans with people, they'll be able to support you, but might also hold you accountable down the line – the guilt of being caught slacking off can be quite motivating!
- Use technology to help – Lots of apps, blogs and websites are out there to help you remember, track and motivate your goals, make the most of what technology can offer.
Keeping in Touch with Friends and Family
One of our favourite popular resolutions is to keep in touch with friends and family. We wanted to share a quick tip that we have a special new hamper ready for order now, especially for those final beautiful weeks of the traditional summer holiday time in New Zealand.
Our Summer Holidays Hamper is packed full of meals, treats and delicious extras - perfect to make beach day lunches, summer picnics or lazy late-night dinners a piece of cake (scrumptious lemon cake, that is!).
Orders are open on our website now (click here to order), so you can send a hamper directly to friends or family with a personal note, or arrange one to be delivered to your own doorstop to lighten the load while you're travelling.
If your new year's resolution or goals included reaching out, keeping in touch with friends and family, or aiming to show a little more kindness, sending an Angel Delivery hamper could be the perfect way to kick of 2019 the right way.
Good luck with your resolutions for 2019!