Here at Angel Delivery, there is an important balance between making sure our packages arrive safely and chilled (food is delicate and needs carefully thought out packaging!), with minimising the environmental impact of the products we use. We make every effort to make sure as much of our packaging as possible is recyclable or compostable.
How to recycle the packaging
- Delivery box - Angel Delivery care packages are delivered in a recycleable cardboard gift box. Please re-use or recycle the box your Angel Delivery comes in with your curb-side household recylcing.
- Tissue paper - Our Angel Delivery branded tissue paper is compostable and biodegradable.
- Cello bags - The cellophane bags that our soup and fudge come in are compostable.
- Foil meal containers - These are recycleable.
- Plastic soup containers - These are recycleable.
- Ice-packs - Pop these in the freezer and re-use them as cooling packs.
- Woolcool insulation - 100% recyclable in a soft plastics recycling bin (see below).
Note: The only not recyclable/reusable item in the packaging right now is the plastic that directly surrounds each meal (please dispose of this in your household rubbish). We are working on this too!
We use Woolcool to keep the contents of your care package chilled. Woolcool is 100% recyclable in a soft plastics recycling bin. Note soft plastics can't be recycled curb-side most of the time, but soft-plastics bins are available at most supermarkets. For a list of soft-plastics bin locations, click here.
See the information below for more tips.